Saturday, December 1, 2012

All Wrapped Up ~ Robin's Nest DT Project


This project is a gift card holder take-out box.  In one of my recent posts I made a birthday gift card holder for a friend.  As I said then, I hate to give gift cards because they seem so impersonal.  However, when you take the time to create a one-of-a-kind holder for that gift card, it gets personal all over again!

For this gift box I used a single sheet of Robin's Nest Christmas Glitter Swirl which, as I've said before about their cardstock, is really thick and sturdy so you don't have to worry about your box falling apart.

I used a die cut for this take-out box, but when you google "free take out box template" a ton of them come up - there are so many styles to choose from that you most certainly find one you like.  I chose to decorate my gift box around instead of on top so that I can use it later (otherwise the box wouldn't open - which is fine if you already have your gift in it).  To decorate it, I used a bit of ribbon and one of those Christmas tree pics you probably have in your decorations (or on your tree) right now!  I Just  pull it apart and glue a few pieces on (which leaves me with some of the pieces for the next box).

 Besides gift cards, you could use the box for baked goods, small jewelry gifts, hair bows,  ear buds . . . the possibilities are endless!  Here are a couple of other pictures of my Christmas take-out box:




If red is not your favorite, you can find many different papers at The Robin's Nest that would be perfect for a Christmas gift box, such as:

Gold  Glitter Swirl on Cream 

Gold Glitter Swirl on Creme

or Gold Glitter Swirl on Black

Gold Glitter Swirl on Black

or this fun Glitter Snowflake Stripe

Glitter Snowflake Stripe

Whichever paper you choose, you can do so knowing that it will be a heavy cardstock.  I know that this gift box can be used again and again.

Be sure to check out The Robin's Nest website and all of their fab goodies!

~ Make Today Count

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment