Monday, January 23, 2012

Sneak Peek #2 at Sara's Shabby Pink Baby Girl Mini Album

Okay, here is sneak peek #2!  I know this looks like the cover, but alas, it's just page 1 . . . so, even though I made  my hinges with 1/4 inch between the pages, this album is still going to be too thick to lay nicely without popping open (good thing I have a door knob closure all ready to go!).

On this page I used the Tim Holtz butterfly Sizzix die and in a departure from my norm, I went with soft and pretty instead of inky and grungy.  Of course after painting it, glittering it and adding one feather on each side, it still wasn't enough so then I added the ostrich feather boa pieces to finish it off.  On on the body of the butterfly I simply added stickpin made with beads and bead caps I had in my stash.  The butterfly is anchored to a scrap piece of the patterned paper which I used to make a pocket for the large green patterned paper tag.  The small butterflies on the tag are just pieces I "fussy cut" from the paper collection.



Let me know what you think,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment