Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Metal Tape Art

I've been using metal plumbers tape for scrapbooking for as long as I can remember, but I found an artist on YouTube (rach0113) who made me consider it in an all new way.

I've used it as trim, on binding, to create metal embellishments, to back paper piecings to make them bendable, to run through embossing folders, etc., but I love, love, love this technique!

For a video tutorial go check out her you tube channel, but it's so easy. I simply stuck down chipboard letters to a mini composition book, added some drywall tape bits, some chipboard gears and then started piecing the plumbers tape on top. When it was totally covered I embossed (using the end of a paint brush because I couldn't find my embossing tool) to make the chipboard and drywall tape pop. I then used a couple different tools to add texture, a coat of black paint wiped off, and a bit of gold rub here and there to finish it off. That's it; that's all there is to it.

Now go give it a try!













Make today count ~
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful. Can you tell where to get these chipboard gears and letters? thank You Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, the letters I've had in my stash for a long time - I think they were Making Memories. The gears I made using the Tim Holtz gears die and my Sizzix machine. But if you don't have a die cutting machine you can use random shapes or cut letters on the die cut machine at your local scrapbook store (most have them). Have fun with it . . . I did!

      Delete