Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mother's Day Pocket Mini Albums - Part 2 of My Robin's Nest DT Submission

The below is for my design team submission with The Robin's Nest  - Check out their Website and Blog:

Blog:          http://chatteringrobins.blogspot.com/
Website:    http://www.robinsnest-scrap.com/


For Mother's Day I made pocket mini albums for both my Mom and my Mother-in-law.  I got the idea from Angelwings14100 on YouTube.  She has a fab tutorial you can view here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugtOo9QSalo&list=FLipu2K09pXKN1KZpXxPYbpQ&index=20&feature=plpp_video.  If you like these minis, be sure to check out the tutorial (she gives dimensions and everything!). 

Here is a picture of both minis together:


The one on the left is done with "Birdsong" paper by First Edition (picture below) and the second one is done with Basic Grey "Out of Print" (picture below).  I love both of these papers (and the Birdsong has glitter paper which I absolutely love, love, love!!).

The books are pretty much the same construction with the one on the left done with an extra large eyelet the way Angelwings 14100 did hers, but the second one I used the Tim Holtz Sizzix die Findings to create a magnetic closure.  I layered it (two layers of black cardstock with grunge paper in between).  On the fronts I have stick pins I made myself along with flowers I painted, inked and/or misted (some all - lol).  The metal book corners are made from plumbers tape (see my prior tutorial on that).

Here are the two paper lines I used:


  Here are some more pictures of the Out of Print mini:


The inside covers have pockets, so on the left is a small tag for journaling or other pictures.  Then I started with the eldest grandchild and worked my way down.  For each child, I put their picture on the front of the pocket page and had them write a sentiment (or the young ones drew pictures and dictated their sentiment) on the tag inside the pocket.  The back side of the page was left for grandma to put her favorite picture of that child.

Of course the girls pages were way more fun to do!








On the inside back cover, I used a doily die to cut patterned paper from the collection to make a tag for a photo.

Back cover:
Close -up of the front:



I hope you all enjoyed my Mother's Day Pocket Mini Albums!! Please message me with any questions and thanks again for looking!

~ Make it Count
Wendy

3 comments:

  1. wonderful project, thanks for your submisson to be on the Robin Nest DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! These were fun and the Moms loved them so it was a success - lol.

      Delete
  2. These 2 minis are just beautiful! I love your creations. I'm in love with Cameos and wanted to ask where you got yours from. They look fabulous on the front of your mini. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete