Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Snap,Crackle, Pop! ~ Robin's Nest DT Post

For my last Robin's Nest project, I used the pink crackle paper (link below), but I decided to go a different direction this time.  I also mentioned in that post that you could use the crackle paper for a barbed wire look; so . . . that's just what I did!


In this project I used these Robin's Nest products:
 
 
I had some left-over pictures from our Deadwood trip and decided I wanted to make a mini album for my son (since most of the pictures are him lol).  I decided to make a one paper mini which you can create from one piece of 12x12 paper, scored, cut and then folded.   There are tons of tutorials with videos if you search it on youtube.  In fact, I believe Terri Sproul did one with Robin's Nest paper (click here to see it)!  I used the Blue Crackle Cardstock (link above) as my base.
 
 
 
 

You can see that it's cut into a "W" formation before being folded. 
 


 
I used pieces of the Cowboy Tag Kit (link above) to embellish my mini and scraps of the Calamity Jane Roses Cardstock (link above) which is a nice two-sided, heavy cardstock.  I especially like how the silhouette sticker looks on the binding.
 
 
The crackle finish, in this case, looks like barbed wire.  The next pictures shows it more closely (um love, love, love the glitter).
 
 
Here are a few more pictures.
 






Thanks for stopping by to visit and to view my project!  Don't forget to leave me a comment and let me know how you like it.  Make sure stop over at the Robin's Nest Website to check out these products and so many more.
 
~ Make Today Count
Wendy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment