Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Flower Made from Satin Using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die

Okay, Leanne (Luvlee Scrappin) http://luvleescrappin.blogspot.com/ has a youtube tutorial on how to make this flower . . .that's where I learned it.

I just got my Tattered Florals Die in the mail yesterday (yay for ebay) and had to try it out.  You have to watch her tutorial to get the full "how-to," but very basically, you cut 5 of the large flowers and 1 small and then you heat the petals over a flame to "curl" them and seal the edges.  You set aside one of the large flowers and work with the other four.  Using a glue gun and a felt disc about 1" in diameter, you fold each of the four flowers in fourths and glue them around the felt disc.  Then glue the entire disc to the fourth large flower, situating it so that the petals fill-in any gaps.  Then place the smaller flower on the top and adhere some sort of centerpiece (Leanne has these really pretty ones but I don't, so I just used a silver button I had). 

If you don't want to make these yourself, I believe you can purchase them directly from Leanne through her shop http://www.zibbet.com/luvleescrappin.  She has perfected the technique.  I would never have thought to try this if not for her tutorials, so just want to give credit where credit is due.

Here's my flower:


Pretty for a first try huh?  Hint:  I bought satin remnants at Joann's for half price . . . perfect for this type of project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment