Monday, October 24, 2011

Sizzix Die Storage Solution and Die Cut Station

Since I'm not yet finished with my Road Trip 2011 scrapbook, I thought today I would post about my Sizzix storage solution.  Yesterday I decided I was fed up with having to go into the closet, search through the dies in a drawer, take it out of the plastic package, etc. to use it . . . and then put it all back away the same way.  But, since my scrapbook room is in my closet, I don't have many choices (I am maxed out with supplies but keep buying them anyway - don't tell me you scrapbookers don't know exactly what I'm talking about!).  So . . . I have a DVD shelf that I was using for scrapbooks and miscellaneous that is now my Sizzix Shelf, and I looooove it!  Now I can just grab what I need and put it right back with no hassle; but it's still organized and neat (which is a must).

Here it is:

The extra long dies are on the top shelf (with room for more!) since they are too tall for the other shelves, but the Bigz dies and the original dies are on the second shelf and my Tim Holtz On the Edge dies are on the third shelf, along with a treasure chest which holds my Texture Fades and Embossing Folders perfectly.  Once I cleaned out the DVD shelves, there was even room on the fourth shelf for a box of all of the charms I've been collecting.  The way I see it, I have room for at least 5 or 6 more of each type of die!

The next picture is my die cut station.  My friend Dawn was getting rid of this rolling cart which is supposed to have 12x12 hanging file folders on the left side.  As you can see, I have placed boards (I need to get to the hardware store and get one piece of wood the right size though) across the top and put my Tim Holtz stamps in a basket on the top along with my Big Shot Sizzix Machine.  Below on the left I have various photo boxes housing different embellishments.  On the right, the top two shelves are filled with the punches I used most often.  Below that are misc. items including my Martha Stewart scoring board (I love this thing - if you don't have one let me recommend it wholeheartedly).  Anyway, This pulls out of the closet and right in front of the new Sizzix Die Shelf and everything is at my fingertips.




As always, thanks for looking!
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment