Friday, October 11, 2013

Halloween Apothecary Cabinet



Okay, I know these pictures are not the best, but I took them at night with a really crappy light.  But I just love how it turned out so I'm gonna post these pictures even though they are not good and then maybe I will put some better ones up later lol. 



See . . .  blurry and yellow light . . . ugh!  But I took these quickly with my phone instead of using the camera, so that made a difference too.  Now I know I saw the idea to use the legs on the side on someone else's project, but I can't give credit because I can't find the one I saw.  So if I lifted this idea from you, let me know and I will give you credit and put a link to your project as well.  I think this little cabinet came out so cute.  I found it at a local thrift store (for like $.46) and painted it.  The paint treatment is hard to see, but I have been wanting to try it on a bigger piece of furniture and thought I would start small. 






The look I was going for was kind of like this one:



I think I got close but I didn't sand the edges at the end.

Then I just added all sorts of fun stuff inside.  I made the little books using a tutorial on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnhKe7BLRJQ).  I just altered the size to make them even smaller to fit in my cabinet.  The little book on the bottom is like a small file with tiny photo mats inside to put kids' Halloween pics. 

Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my Halloween Apothecary Cabinet!

~ Make Today Count
Wendy



No comments:

Post a Comment