Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Graphic 45 Steampunk Suitcase

So, I wanted to try something a little different than my usual style, so I created it this steampunk suitcase using an Este Lauder purchase with purchase travel case.  I like how it turned out . . . not exactly as it was in my mind, but close.

I started with 7 Gypsies tissue paper and added some Maya Road trim around the outside edge.  The next layer was the flowers - the four roses are Recollections; 3 cream roses that I inked and glimmer misted up and the last was a red that I glimmer misted a bit.  The flower with the bling in the center  made using a cream organza type synthetic fabric (Walmart remnant) using Leanne's (luvleescrappin on youtube) technique and the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Sizzix die.  When I was finished I used the Tim Holtz reinkers to make a dye and then used a little black soot on the edges (it's kind of hard to see the different color tones in the picture).  After the flowers I added in the Recollections leaves which I have inked up also.  I I embellished with a Tim Holtz birdcage Sizzix die which I've embossed with the Tim Holtz Vintage Photo embossing powder to give a rusted metal look.  I attached some metal charms at the top of birdcage and added some bling at the bottom.  Just over the birdcage and under the flowers I tucked a Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante woman which I fussy cut, inked and highlighted with Glossy Accents.  I added a metal timepiece at her bustle which kind of fell to the side in the picture (it's supposed to hang down from the bustle).  I tucked in a couple of metal gears and some stick pins I made with crystals and beads; and finished it off with a glittered butterfly I bought at Michaels in the Christmas decorations (I just added a body made from crystals and beads).  That's it!  It was fun to make and I hope you enjoy.

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment