Saturday, August 4, 2012

Summertime Porch Swing


This project is to show the versatility of Robin's Nest paper (and just a fun, frivolous, summertime project). I created this swing from cardboard and covered it with the Glitter White on White Swirl paper which I love, love, love! Below are some pictures of the project as I created it. But the beauty of this paper is that you can ink it any color you desire and because of the white on white resist, you still have the gorgeous white swirls and glitter. I love the way it takes on an upholstery look when used on this swing. Once you cut your paper the shape and/or size you desire, simply ink it up with a sponge or dauber. I finished my project off with some floral trim. My favorite way to use Dew Drops is for flower centers. I use so many flowers in my projects and the flat backs of the Dew Drops (link above) make it so easy to give your floral trim a finished look.  I got the idea for this project from sacrafters on youtube.  She has a ton of fabulous tutorials that she just makes up as she goes.  She is so imaginative!  I love her videos. 































Thanks for looking at my project and don't forget to pick up some Glitter White on White Swirl paper (I would consider it a staple - one that you can make your own and can fit into any project)! Stay tuned for my next project which just might be a mini album to sit in the swing.  Be sure to visit the Robin's Nest blog and website to find some of these fabulous supplies.

~ Make Today Count
Wendy

1 comment:

  1. This is such a gorgeous project Wendy and a wonderful keepsake. xx

    ReplyDelete