Monday, August 20, 2012

Yet Another Junk Journal / Smash Journal

Okay, this junk journal (I know, another one - I seem to be into journals lately) I made for a darling little girl in our neighborhood for her birthday.  This paper is so fun to work with that its hard to go wrong.  In this journal I used paper from the Street Lace paper pad (DCWV) and from the Tiffany Paper pad (We R Memory Keepers).  The pages are 6x9 and the cover is simply chipboard with patterned paper; and the journal is bound using my Bind-it-All.  I found the cutest stamp set at Hobby Lobby (50% off so it was only $1) by inkadinkadoo (I'll put a picture at the end of this post). Sorry my pics are not so great, I uploaded them directly from my phone using the blogpress app instead of to the computer so  and they seem a bit blurry doing them that way, but I figure at least I'm getting them posted (I may do the second half the regular way).  So here it is (in all it's glory) Tia's Journal:


Inside cover and patterned paper page:


Back side of patterned paper and half sheet of plain white for journaling or pics (behind the half sheet is the back side of another patterned paper page:


Patterned paper page and pocket page (there are tons of tutorials on youtube on how to create this, but basically you fold your paper up how far you want the pocket (and fold the corner down either in or out if it's two-sided paper) and then in half with pattern on the outside.  You put adhesive on the bottom (binding will seal the side) and viola . . . a pocket page:


Back side of pocket page and another pocket page (side pocket) which is just folded in half with adhesive on top and bottom edges and a tag inside:

Back of side pocket page and composition book paper (cut down and corners rounded) stamped on first page:


Last page of composition book papers and patterned paper (glitter butterfly - love this paper!):

Back side of patterned paper (stamped image in corner) and a journaling spot cut from the glitter butterfly page and behind that another simple pocket page (just folded in half):

Okay, these pictures are better, so here are the last few pages of the journal:










Oops!  I forgot to add the stamp set - here it is:





Thanks for checking out my journal!
Make today count ~
Wendy

2 comments: